Kindly consider a donation of an amount of your choice so that resources like these may remain free. Every dollar counts!
It has arrived! Five years late – the DSM 5 was supposed to be released in 2009 – the new edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorder. As promised, I will now be providing a free DSM 5 download.
Simply click on the “Free DSM 5 Download” link below, and you will be guided to a download page, via my Google Drive.
The fifth edition of the DSM has already created much controversy. Major changes to the manual, compared with the DSM-IV-TR, and other previous editions include:
- The elimination of Asperger’s Syndrome, and assignment of individuals previously diagnosed with Asperger’s to the general autistic spectrum
- The addition of “DMDD” (Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder) to the Mood Disorders category
- The addition of “Internet Gaming Disorder” 😆
- 10 “sleep-wake disorders“
- A new “hybrid approach” to the “Personality Disorders”
Many clinicians are disregarding the new manual in their practices. What do you think of the new manual? I’m anxious to hear your opinions!